I got the idear from a friend I grew up with back home who is now a side photographer (as in, she has a 9-5er and has a photography biz on the side). Sometime last year, she started a Project 365- she takes a photo every day for a year & posts it. Instantly I thought, 'What a cool idea'... then 'Ugh. EVERY. DAY?'. But it's been kinda neat to see the random little things she finds to photograph (Sorry I can't link to them, she posts them on facecrack).
I love the idea of it, but, well... we all now how consistent I am.
Consistently INCONSISTENT.
There is no way I could pull that project off. I would have a bad day, or a busy day, forget to take a photo and pfffftttt... That'd be the end of it. And I would hate to resort to 'taking a photo just to take one' just to fend off the feelings of guilt and failure. I really want to put some honest effort into these shots.
To the point, Amy...
So, like I said, I love the idea of a photo project. What a great way to really get some shooting practice and try to stretch my atrophied creative muscles. But, I needed some other ideas...
Enter: Digital Photography School (digital-photography-school.com). And wouldn't 'ya know... they have a weekly theme project. WEEKLY. More my procrastinating speed. But, it started January 1st. And you have to sign up and post your photo for the rest of the group to see. And I wasn't crazy about using someone else's 'themes' (I looked them over, wasn't thrilled). But hey, I have this blog, I could always do my own weekly thing.
Did you know Flickr has a blog? Me neither. Until yesterday when I logged in and saw a little banner on the side with the title "One Object 365 Days". Um, how cute is THAT?! Even better, at the bottom of the post, there is a link to another post with even more project ideas! YES! And that was all it took to get my wittle brain movin'...
So, here are some of the Photo Project Idears I'm considering:
- Project 365- A photo a day for a year... I think we know this one is outski.
- Project 52- A photo a week for a year based on a weekly theme, chosen by MOI.
- One Object, 365 days- see link above, mine will be just a weekly photo, of course.
- Project ABC- Similar to the Project 52, but each week's theme will be based on something that starts with that week's letter (ex: Week One- A is for Apple. Photo of apple(s).)
Or maybe even a combination of all the above? I mean, it's pretty convenient that there are 52 weeks in a year, 26 letters in the alphabet... Uh oh. My OCD, overanalyzing mind is running on hyper speed this morning. Hmmm... what do YOU think?
I like the project ABC and think you would find some really cute things to photograph for each week! That's my vote.
ReplyDelete